DUTIES: - Health & Safety Supervisor
Under direction of the Health & Safety Manager, the Health & Safety Supervisor is responsible for assisting operations personnel with compliance of the Health and Safety policies and procedures in support of achieving the zero-incident safety vision within CEMEX, known as Zero4Life. The Health & Safety Supervisor will have dotted-line reporting relationship with the plant manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
• Maintenance of the site-specific health and safety policy and procedure manual, and implement the Health and Safety policies for both operational and safety functions.
• Will assist in the development and delivery of safety training programs to ensure that the appropriate training is available to all site personnel.
• Will conduct incident investigations, root cause analysis, and develop recommendations for actions to prevent injury recurrence.
• Will manage the Transitional Duty/Medical Management program for the location, and support the processing of injured or ill employees through the Workers Compensation System.
• Actively promote Health and Safety policies and communicate all policies and procedures to Operations.
• Serve as company representative with regulatory inspections related to safety and health.
• Support line management with PTAC, SBO, VFL site visit, and SIC tool deployment and optimization.
• Execution of proactive safety activities (audits, inspections) to prevent injuries and maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
• Support contractor management initiatives including pre-qualification, site induction training, insurance verification, and other oversight of contractor activities on site.
• Maintain visibility among plant employees and management staff and serve as local subject matter expert on all matters related to health and safety.
• Actively participate in plant-wide, departmental, and tool box meetings
• 1-3 years of health and safety experience in manufacturing or industrial environment that includes program administration
• Working knowledge of MSHA, OSHA, and DOT Regulations
• 4-year degree in related field or engineering discipline desired
• Frequently reaching, sitting, standing and walking
• Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, grasping and heavy lifting
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively over 12 hour workshift.
• Dusty and noisy environment around large manufacturing machinery
• All weather elements from extreme cold to extreme heat
• Mechanical and electrical hazards
• Ability to access all work areas in the plant and work at heights greater than three stories
• Travel periodically
The Company reserves the right to change, modify, or add duties and responsibilities as needed.
*** This position is to be filled without regard to sex, religion, age, race, national origin or disabilities. CEMEX is a Drug Free Workplace.
Apply To Job
from PostJobsNow.com Jobs http://ift.tt/2mdlUQQ