GM Nameplate/Seattle, WA
This position is responsible for pursuing and validating product quality through metrology techniques. Work to solve quality problems and implement quality improvements. Process and analyze rejected materials, components and finished products. Interface with process engineers, account managers and manufacturing staff concerning non-conformance and corrective action plans. Determine the root cause of problems, initiate corrective action, report cost of quality, and initiate reruns and/or replacement of products.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Review work orders, drawings and specifications for details and accuracy and ensure compliance with customer specs.
• Support the Inspection department with basic first article, process and product capability, and gauge study requirements using company specifications.
• Use basic measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, radius gauge) as well as Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM)
• Assist with developing, evaluating and implementing quality plans to ensure that material process and product meet specifications.
• Report inspection results, product failures and problems using statistical methods.
• Conduct measurement studies through the means of GR&R and Cpk.
• Initiate and complete PPAPs
• Assist with the investigation of nonconforming material and work closely with engineering, and production operations for prompt disposition and correction of the cause for nonconformance.
• Process shortages, in-plant rejects and returns including entering cost of quality data.
• Initiate, document and assist in internal & external corrective action plans.
• Test and measure products, materials, and tools using conventional and statistical methods.
• Maintain MT&E calibration system.
Required Education and Experience
• Two years of related quality control/assurance experience.
• High school diploma or GED Equivalent
• At least 1-2 years; experience with PPAP; 2D or 3 dimensional pieces
• Experience with CMM programming, software-based is a plus.
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T).
• Strong math required.
• Knowledge and experience using CMM and other various measurement gauges.
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office software and tools, including a high level of proficiency with Excel.
• Knowledge of ISO9000 requirements.
• Knowledge and experience of PPAPs.
• Knowledge and experience of CAPA (8D or 5C)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to analyze root cause and establish a course of action.
• Ability to work under time constraints with changing priorities.
• Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality at all times
• Good decision making skills
• Ability to plan and organize work activities with a focus on efficiency.
• Must be able to follow directions and work in a team environment
• Must be able to subscribe to GM Nameplate's Values and Measurable Behaviors
Apply To Job
from PostJobsNow.com Jobs http://ift.tt/2kYoPix