Eco Recovery Solutions/Putnam, CT (Wheelabrator landfill)
Responsible for installing, operating, troubleshooting, cleaning, inspecting and maintaining the on-site equipment and related systems, including scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, in a safe, environmentally compliant and professional manner. Quickly become an expert in ERS's systems and processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and maintain on-site equipment and related systems, including conveyor systems, screens, motors, bearings, etc., to ensure safe, environmentally compliant and efficient operation.
• Ensure that greasing and cleaning activities are being performed on schedule and in accordance with standard procedures.
• Perform welding and other fabrication repairs/improvements.
• Perform minor electrical troubleshooting, as needed; develop and improve electrical knowledge.
• Plan and perform preventive and repair maintenance procedures safely, professionally and with minimal supervision, in compliance with Federal and State regulations and Company work rules, policies and procedures.
• Initiate and complete work orders and requisitions; document all critical and/or pertinent information on a routine basis; keep a maintenance log of the entire system.
• Become proficient in the operations of the equipment; operate all site conveyors and process equipment in a safe and efficient manner, and help spread best practices.
• In collaboration with the Regional Operations Manager, plan necessary downtime to carry out required maintenance:
o Make realistic/achievable maintenance schedules.
o Arrange the right contractors and coordinate their work.
o Ensure that the required spare parts are onsite before the maintenance day begins.
o Use downtime effectively to perform small maintenance tasks.
• Make frequent rounds of the site to ensure proper operation of equipment, materials storage and handling, site security, cleanliness, safety and environmental compliance; document findings and schedule follow-up.
• Demonstrate proficiency with hand and power tools, blueprint reading and mechanical fasteners, and demonstrate strong mechanical skills.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of various mobile equipment, including Bobcat, fork truck, skid steer-type loader, person-lift, front-end loader and pickup truck.
• Read, understand and apply information, such as lockout/tagout procedures, safety and environmental rules, job hazard analyses, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Maintain and follow all Company environmental compliance, health and safety requirements, policies, procedures and rules; correct safety and environmental hazards, and report any issues to the Plant Supervisor immediately.
• Foster and promote a culture of teamwork; maintain positive morale.
• Be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime; respond and report to work during off hours when emergency repairs are required.
• Perform other duties as requested and/or assigned.
Monday through Saturday: 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Education and Experience
• Completion of technical program or equivalent on-the-job training
• A minimum of 2 years' mechanical maintenance experience in a heavily industrial environment, specifically relating to plant maintenance and operations; experience in mineral processing preferred
• Proficiency with welding, hand and power tools
Special Skills and Abilities
• Strong work ethic and sound judgment
• Ability to anticipate issues; ability to detect when equipment is wearing and prepare to change or fix the issue
• Ability to perform a variety of complicated, hands-on tasks
• Team player spirit; willingness to train others and spread best practices
• Ability to work effectively and safely in adverse environmental conditions, including wet or humid conditions, airborne particles, potential exposure to dust, and chemicals, varied temperatures and outdoor weather conditions, and noise in the work environment
• Ability to work independently, delegate tasks and ensure follow-through
• A mindset toward Safety, Health & Environment during work, with strict adherence to and enhancement of the Company's standards
• Sit, stand, walk
• Handle tools, equipment; fine motor skills
• Reach with hands and arms
• Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
• Stoop, kneel, bend, push, pull, crawl
• Ascend and descend stairs and stationary vertical ladders as part of normal work activity and emergency egress situations
• Lift 50 lbs.
• Move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating, wet and muddy areas, and uneven surfaces
• Close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, corrected or otherwise
• Operate fire extinguishing equipment ranging from handheld extinguishers to 200-lb. portable units
• Access confined spaces
• Work in areas under adverse conditions that may require donning and use of personal protective equipment with average fatigue
Apply To Job
from PostJobsNow.com Jobs http://ift.tt/2nwDGCe